The cost of a marketing program depends on three factors:
- Time versus money: this refers to the decision between completing projects in-house or paying someone else to get them done. Either way there is a cost attached, calculated in time or money spent. If sales are down, activity may be down as well, so there will be more time to tackle projects directly.
- The tactics you choose — there are many ways to get results. Some are faster, some cost less and some cost more. The crucial component is consistency, as one-shot wonders rarely work in marketing. It's usually better to start a smaller campaign that can be funded for 6 months, rather than blowing the entire budget on an expensive, hit or miss tactic.
- Your expected ROI — Your expectations need to fit your budget. It is unlikely that you will reap $100,000 in new sales from a $100 investment. Instead, try a cumulative approach; spend what you have to generate a profitable return, then use those profits to expand your reach. And so on.
So how much does 360 usually cost?
For small businesses here are some rules of thumb:
- Designing a website from scratch averages $1,500 to $5,000. But many businesses decide to refresh their website instead. Adding new content and organizing the flow can increase lead flow and sales and costs around $500.
- Writing runs around $50 an hour. Meaning a typical webpage with solid content, optimized for search engine optimization will cost you $50; a brochure, article blog or testimonial around $100, and a whitepaper will range from $250-$500.
- A modest program to get new clients can cost as little as $500.
- Implementing a direct marketing or sales program, including your printing costs will run around $2,000-$5,000 depending on the size of your audience.
- Other programs are harder to gauge costs without particulars, but at 360 we have straight-forward pricing. We give you a complete quote upfront. No surprises, no surcharges.
How do you bill?
We have three ways to bill most projects, giving you options based upon your budget and your needs.
- Hourly. This is the simplest way to engage us. We discuss your project and decide on an estimate range of hours and an hourly rate. You pay only for what you use, and you pay, in full, when the program is completed. We don't bill for consultation, or calls and questions. While we give you an expected range, your final price will vary depending on changes, new assignments and delays on your part. We have no minimum, and we only bill for execution hours.
- Retainer. With a retainer, you commit to a monthly amount of hours. Based on the number of hours you buy, your hourly rate goes down. In effect, you are pre-paying for hours in exchange for a discount. For larger projects, you can use this model to pay for a project over six months or a year, even if it is completed in a month. Your hours don't expire at the end of the month, and you can use your hours for any of our services. Retainers are best for projects where you have consistent needs month after month, or want to spread out payments over time. Retainers are also great ways to lower your hourly costs, or to have consistent pricing from month to month. Retainers start as low as $1,000 per month.
- Project Pricing — With project pricing, we outline the project to be completed, give you a budget and stick to it. No surprises, no overages. You have one project cost, and even if we have edits, reasonable changes and alterations, your price is fixed. With project pricing you pay a deposit upfront, make a payment halfway through completion, and the balance on completion. Project pricing is great when you have to stick to your budget and want to get the most from your money on larger projects.
- Non profit pricing — 360 prides itself on helping our communities. We have special pricing and programs available to help non profits.
How can I pay for this?
We understand that getting your budget straight can be painful. That is why we offer options for payment:
- You can pay by check or credit card.
- For larger projects, you can finance your costs over 12 months with our in-house financing programs.
Finally, if you have a marketing need, give us a call. Chances are, whether we can help directly, provide free resources or refer you to a source, we can help in one way or another.